Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Chocolate Lab

Today I am really trying to figure out how to get my hands on a chocolate Labrador Retriever. You see, my grandfather who has been sick over the last year or so and has been in and out of the hospital, he is always bugging my grandma to get another chocolate Labrador like the one they had years ago. He even has a painted portrait of a Chocolate Lab framed and hanging in his t.v. room. However they just could not handle a dog right now- their yard isn't fenced and they couldn't exactly walk the dog several times a day. It just wouldn't work. So anyway, I contacted Therapy Dogs International in the hopes they would have someone who could come visit but they just won't get back to me and its been 3 weeks. And now he is in the hospital again. I don't know how else to find one. Today I finally emailed a Labrador Retriever club that I found and maybe they will help me. I have even thought about fostering one myself at my own home but my 'landlord' has refused to allow me to do that. Uggh I hope I can find one soon, also I need to find out whether they would be allowed in Summerhill Nursing Home if they aren't therapy-dog-certified.

I wish TDI would get back to me- if this isn't the kind of situation they exist for, then what are they worth?

2 comments:

Maurice Bradbury said...

Must comment, labs are some of the hardest to train dogs out there! Love them, they're cute, but if htey don't get at least an hour of exercise a day they go bonkers (learned this the hard way).

Anon For Everything said...

Thanks, Cybrarian. Luckily I was able to find help through a great organization- Labradors and Friends (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NJ93.html)

I really thank God for them!