Monday, March 5, 2007

Global Matters

I love thinking about different places around the world. I have never been too far, not even across the sea, although I have been to a lot of places around the U.S. which if you look at a map is still a lot of miles in theory. I love reading books about travel adventures and imagining the landscapes. I love seeing photos of ordinary things from other places, like food, or exterior siding on a house and a neighborhood and seeing if it is all the same or different around the world. I get this feeling of joy and universalism and one-ness. For this reason I am grateful at my job I can read and see pictures from blogs all over the entire world, from Poland to Malaysia to Peru. I love it. As a matter of fact it is one of the only things I like about my job lately.

When I get my own office at home one of the first things I am going to buy is a globe so I can twirl it around and look at the places I have read about and wonder about.

Digg!

No comments: